Guiding PrinciplesLiteracy Builders Professional Development is Based Upon these Fundamental Beliefs:
- ALL children can learn to read and write well.
- Effective reading and writing teachers understand how children read and write.
- Teachers cannot teach reading and writing without considering the children that they teach.
- Reading and writing instruction must allow students some choice in order for them to be invested in their learning.
- Effective teachers are researchers who use what they know about their students’ strengths and weaknesses to plan effective instruction.
- Effective teachers are thoughtful and reflective about their practices.